Partner Agencies & Organizations
The Marion County SWCD is proud to work in partnership with a diversity of federal, state, city, and local community agencies and organizations to promote and implement conservation.
The Indiana Conservation Partnership (ICP) is comprised of 8 Indiana agencies who share a common goal of providing technical, financial and educational assistance needed to implement economically and environmentally compatible land and water stewardship decisions, practices and technologies. The Marion County SWCD is an active partner, alongside:
- Indiana Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts, and their 92 SWCDs
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources
- ISDA Division of Soil Conservation
- Purdue Cooperative Extension Service
- State Soil Conservation Board
- USDA Farm Service Agency
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
View More about the ICP.
There are many other agencies and organizations working to improve the health and ecology of our community. The Marion County SWCD has worked along side many of the agencies and organizations listed below over the years in order to accomplish large scale, mutual goals. These agencies and organizations may provide additional assistance for your natural resource needs.
The Marion County SWCD also partners with a multitude of local farmers and gardeners through our soil health initiative.